Friday, May 7, 2010

Background

I suppose I should start from the beginning, no? About 9 months ago, I moved back from Austin, TX where, on a hopeful whim, I had moved with my boyfriend (now my ex-boyfriend). I truly believed that love could conquer all, including the abject poverty that we experienced in this "cool, hip, young" town. Obviously...I was sadly mistaken. My relationship fell apart, its foundation crumbling with each realization by both individuals that living with one another was a challenge beyond our twenty-something minds...minds already riddled with concerns of a "quarter-life crisis" and what goals we should work toward achieving.

Since I've moved back, I have begun to experience the dating world. Usually, after a break-up, it doesn't take long for me to fall into another relationship (2, maybe 3 months, tops). So, it's been a bit of a change to now have to "screen" potential suitors via drinks/coffee/light dinners and the like. The purpose of this blog is to therefore reflect on my new, single life, single life in general, and the absolutely ridiculousness that is dating and the human need to take part in romantic relationships. If you don't like cynicism...read anyway. If you enjoy cynicism, you're welcome here. We like your kind.

1 comment:

  1. I like your kind. My cousin and I were just having this same conversation. Why do we spend so much time looking for the love when more often than not it ends up sucker punching us in the face. And I do mean the face...if we weren't so blinded by the possiblity of something wonderful we would see if coming. The human need for connection and interaction is indeed an interesting thing. Unless you are in the thick of the experience. LOL.

    ReplyDelete